As the year comes to a close, the enchanting city of Pokhara in Nepal comes alive with vibrant colors, enticing aromas, and rhythmic beats, all heralding the grand celebration of the 25th Pokhara Street Festival also known as Pokhara Sadak Mahotsav. Organized by the Restaurant and Bar Association (REBAN) Pokhara, this iconic event is a testament to the city’s rich cultural heritage, diverse culinary delights, and the spirit of community that defines Pokhara and its essence.
The festival, also supposed to be Nepal’s biggest Street Festival, kicked off with a ceremonial inauguration by Pokhara’s Mayor, Dhanraj Acharya, setting the stage for a five-day extravaganza. The 25th anniversary was marked with a special honor, as 25 individuals from various walks of life were recognized for their outstanding contributions to the development of Pokhara City. Clad in khadi, adorned with garlands, and presented with certificates, these honorees embody the essence of community spirit that the festival aims to celebrate.
Spanning approximately 3 kilometers along the picturesque Lakeside of Pokhara, the festival unfolds with the theme ‘Eat on the road, dance on the road, and enjoy on the road.’ This encapsulates the spirit of the event, where the streets transform into a lively tapestry of culture, gastronomy, and entertainment.
Musical Performances in Pokhara Street Festival
The musical enchantment is set to unfold with Mukti & Revival taking the stage on December 30th, promising a night filled with rhythm and magic. The following day, on December 31st, The Elements will captivate the audience, offering an electrifying performance and an unforgettable countdown to welcome 2024. Tickets for these musical journeys can be secured through the Khalti here (Pokhara Street Festival Ticket Link).
The festival promises diverse performances, featuring artists each day:
- December 29th:
- Deepak Bajracharya
- December 30th:
- Tuki (Pokhara’s renowned rapper)
- Lakshya Band
- Mukti & Revival
- December 31st:
- The Elements
Each evening will also be adorned with a soul-soothing Aarati, adding a spiritual touch to the celebrations.
Partners and Supporters of Pokhara Street Festival
This year’s festival introduces exclusive food placements within the festival area, providing a more immersive culinary experience. Embracing digital ticketing for the first time adds a modern touch to the celebration, making it easier for attendees to join the festivities.
Festival is the reflection of collaborative efforts from various organizations:
- Pokhara Metropolitan City Office: Supporting the festival
- Nepal Tourism Board: Supporting the festival
- Daraz Nepal: E-Commerce Partner
- Byanjan Restaurant: Restaurant Partner
- Hotel Asia Pokhara: Hotel Partner
- Pratik Events: Managing and coordinating with artists/performers
- Hree Brand: Coordinating and supporting through the Local Level
- Prachaar: Coordinating and promoting the event
- KASTHAMANDAP TELEVISION: Television Partner, providing coverage
- Khaanpin Pokhara: Celebration Partner
- Nostalgic 3: Managing the Food Court and crafting a food experience
- Merofilm: Media Partner, promoting the event to the entertainment industry
- Taja Khabar: Media Partner, promoting the event globally
- Nepali Patro: Calendar Partner
- Salico Insurance: Insurance Partner, ensuring the event and visitors’ safety
- Access Education Network: Education Partner
- Khalti: Digital Payment Partner, supporting the entire ticketing system
As the 25th Pokhara Street Festival unfolds, it promises to be the biggest street festival in Nepal, weaving together tradition and modernity. Managed by Swornim Entertainment and coordinated by Ad Sathi, this event is not just a festival but a testament to the dynamic spirit of Pokhara, where culture, cuisine, and community converge in an unparalleled celebration. Nepal Tourism Hub recommends everyone to be a part of this five-day extravaganza, and witness Pokhara in all its glory!
1. Radio Safalta
3. Pokhara Street Festival